This review blog comes from a techie who is not a gadget-freak! I love Himalayas and I prefer to be completely disconnected from everything on my travels. But on the other days, I need one gadget that serves all my needs. I'm not too fond of carrying multiple gadgets as I keep moving around a lot. Just when I needed to change my tablet, ASUS sent to me its newly launched ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG for review, a permanent device for me. I had to look no further.
It is world's first tablet with interchangeable back cover add-ons to enhance:
1. Sound with ASUS Audio Cover
2. Battery life with ASUS Power Case
3. Look with Zen Clutch or an Case
It caters to all my needs:
- Make phone calls when a SIM-card is inserted into the slot underneath the Back Cover.
- Extended usage with excellent battery life of 8hrs usage and 24hrs standby.
- Great processing powered by Quad-Core CPU, Andriod 5.0 Lollipop system and 2GB memory.
- Sufficient internal storage of 16GB, external storage expandable to 64GB.
- Best camera quality in a tablet with 8MP Rear Camera and 2MP Front Camera
- Connect to WiFi / 3G networks with a compatible SIM.
- Cinematic audio effect on the go with Audio Cover integrated with 6 speakers (including a sub-woofer)
- Connect to PC to share data or use Remote Link to turn the ASUS ZenPad 7.0 into a PowerPoint or Windows Media Player controller.
- Store tasks in the Do It Later app and set up the What’s Next app for notifications of everything coming up in your life and your friends’ lives.
The look and feel:
With a fashionable embossed leather pattern, slim bezel and rounded edges the tablet provides a comfortable grip and ergonomic holding position.
It is very sleek and light with dimensions of 189 x 110.9 x 8.7 mm and weight of 272g.
The display is 7-inch Super Bright IPS HD Panel with ASUS Tru2Life technology and WXGA (1280 x 800), 216 pixel per inch.
With screen-to-body ratio of 72%, and viewing angle of 178 degrees, the display looks big and the tablet volume is just perfect.
The ASUS Splendid app can be used to automatically enhance and adjust the colors on screen.
Contrast & Sharpness with ASUS Tru2Life:
Using the latest image processing technology usually found on high-end TVs, it analyses every pixel to optimize and sharpen each one to 1 million optimization on a HD screen. This offers up to 200% wider contrast levels and Real Time HDR for sharper text and increased screen refresh rates for reduced blur. This feature offers ultra realistic images with accurate contrast and sharp detail.
Tru2Life is able to detect different lighting conditions and automatically adjusts the display to make it easy to view even when outdoors in bright sunlight. This is one of the most useful features for an outdoor person like me!
Comparison of pictures with and without ASUS Tru2Life
ASUS Bluelight Filter:
I can read for long hours on my journeys on the tablet, without worrying about the fatigue to eyes. The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG combats this by reducing the blue light emission by around 30% without disturbing the rest of the color balance.
I do not miss out on clicking good pictures on the go any more, I am completely satisfied with the camera quality of ASUS ZenPad 7.0.
• Front Camera: 2MP, Large Aperture f/2.0, with 140 degree Selfie Panorama
• Rear Camera: 8MP/5MP Auto-Focus, Large Aperture f/2.0
It is equipped with excellent features and filters with Low Light mode, zero shutter lag (rear), IR filter, beautification, panorama, HDR, ZSL for up to 400% brighter photos & videos.
My ASUS Zenpad 7.0 servers the purpose of a mirror when it is not awake.
I am already addicted to the tablet and it has become an indispensable part of my life.
Namaste! I'm Medhavi Davda.
I travel to Evolve..
In Nature, I confide..
I find my calling in the Himalayas..
In the Oceans, I meditate..
A High-Altitude Trekker & PADI certified SCUBA Diver, I love exploring the heights and depths of the planet with my regular doses of mountains and oceans.
Checkout my blog for:
RavenousLegs on Facebook
RavenousLegs on Instagram
RavenousLegs on Twitter
Annapurna Base Camp Trek from Ghandruk Village - the shortest route to ABC Trek
Bandipur - a charming Newari heritage town in Himalayas
Khajuraho Temples: symbolism of sacred union of the divine - feminine energy & masculine consciousness
Walking along the heritage town of Orchha - a hidden gem of Bundelkhand
Sanchi Stupa - the best preserved Buddhist monument of India
Taj-UI-Masajid, Bhopal - the largest mosque in India
Indian Cultural Heritage in Madhya Pradesh - my outdoor history classroom